Posted by Sandra Levy on 10 November 2017 03:38 PM
Product Name Changes:
Please be aware that starting from version 2017, Appeon has made these product name changes:
1. Before you upgrade to this Appeon PowerServer 2017 GA version, it is strongly recommended that you read the important instructions.
2. An SHA256 hash code is provided for each installer. Please use the SHA256 code to verify the integrity of the downloaded installer file: You can get a sha256sum program from Internet (for example, at http://www.labtestproject.com/files/win/sha256sum/sha256sum.exe), and follow the instructions of the program to compare the SHA256 value of the downloaded installer file and the SHA256 value that is provided for the installer.
3. Please close PowerBuilder and stop your application server (for example IIS, WebLogic, etc.) before installation.
4. Please get the proper installer from the links below and then perform Appeon PowerServer 2017 setup; please make sure all the components (Appeon PowerServer, and Appeon Workspace) have been upgraded together.
5. After the installation, please verify the product versions to make sure you have all pieces successfully upgraded: you need to start your application server and verify that AEM still works and displays the version Appeon PowerServer 2017 Build 1689.00, and you also need to Appeon Workspace and verify it also displays Appeon Workspace Build 1689.00.
6. Redeploy apps in a “Full Deployment” mode: once you have all the pieces upgraded, you now would need to do a “Full Deployment” of your applications to the upgraded Appeon Server to refresh all the old application files in PowerBuilder 2017.
2. Starting from Appeon PowerServer 2017 GA version, PowerServer Toolkit is no longer included in the PowerServer installation package. PowerServer Toolkit is now available as a component of Appeon PowerBuilder Universal edition (version 2017 and later).
3. Please do not install PowerServer Mobile included in the PowerBuilder 2017 Universal edition on a machine that already has Appeon PowerServer 2017 for .NET installed. This is unsupported and will cause both servers to stop working. If you accidentally installed both servers on the same machine, please uninstall both from the Control Panel and then select only one to reinstall.
4. If you receive the error "Your license is not activated within the valid period" after upgrading to PowerServer 2017, please click here for resolutions.