Appeon for PowerBuilder
Appeon for PowerBuilder (APB) is a solution for PowerBuilder developers
to build Rich Internet Applications (RIA) rapidly and easily. APB automatically
deploys any existing Client/Server applications to the Web with minimal
effort. There is no faster or easier way for PowerBuilder developers to
embrace the Web and Java or .NET technologies.
- No need to retool your PowerBuilder development team and force them
to work with less productive tools
- No need to throw away engineering-years of investments in your existing
- No need to retrain your end-users to work with a new inferior page-by-page
Appeon for PowerBuilder consists of a PowerBuilder IDE plug-in (Appeon
Developer) and the Java/.NET application server runtime (Appeon Server).
Appeon Developer integrates seamlessly with the Sybase PowerBuilder IDE.
Developers can rapidly deploy existing PowerBuilder applications to the
or Java/.NET code. Developers can utilize existing PowerBuilder constructs,
user interface, DataWindows, PFC, and PowerScript.
Appeon Server provides key services that make Web applications come to
- Database Connectivity & Data Access
- Transaction & Session Management
- Web Applications Management
- Server-side Integration like calling Web Services, .NET components,
Java components, etc.
- Security Management
- Load Balancing & Failover